Why Should You Hire A DUI Lawyer In Charles County Maryland?
Hiring the right DUI Lawyer in Charles County is very important because a DUI is a serious crime. Those accused of a DUI can suffer serious, life-changing consequences. These include the suspension or revocation of their driver’s license, high fees, monetary penalties, and even jail time, in some cases.
The complexity of these type of cases and severe penalties can mean that it’s critical to work with an experienced DUI lawyer in Charles County. Our attorneys specialize in defending those who have been accused of DUI. We will work to obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Read on to learn more, or contact us to get help right away, if you’ve been charged.
What Penalties May I Suffer for a DUI conviction in Charles County?
Charles County is known for heavy enforcement of DUI penalties, partially due to its proximity to Washington, D.C.
- For your first offense, you can be penalized with a six-month license suspension, fines up to $1,000, and up to a one-year jail term.
- If your first offense includes a passenger aged 16 or younger, these penalties can double to a year-long license suspension, two-year jail term, and fines up to $2,000.
Additional offenses will result in more jail time, longer license suspensions, and higher fines. Depending on the situation, repeat offenders may even face felony charges for DUI.
Whether you are being charged with a DUI for the first time, or you’ve had multiple charges leveled against you in the past, you need the help of experienced DUI attorney to defend your rights and ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
It’s Important To Have A Reputable DUI Attorney Represent You In Charles County, MD
Being arrested does not mean that you are guilty, and it does not mean you lose your rights. You have the right to:
- Remain silent – You do not have to answer any questions asked by a police officer, and you cannot be coerced into doing so. You do not have to answer any questions about drinking. Simply inform the officer you would like to speak to an attorney.
- Refuse a field sobriety or breath test – This may result in your arrest, but you have the legal right to refuse both a breath test and a field sobriety test, both of which could incriminate you in court.
- Hire a reputable criminal defense attorney to represent you – You are allowed to contact a lawyer before providing a statement or answering any questions. An officer cannot legally refuse your right to an attorney.
How Can A DUI Lawyer In Charles County Maryland Help You?
There are many different ways that you can benefit from hiring a DUI attorney in Charles County, MD. Here are just a few of them.
- Get expert advice – Being charged with a DUI can seem intimidating and scary, and you may not know how to proceed with your defense. DUI attorneys will work with you to understand the situation, provide you with expert advice, and build your defense.
- Get the best possible outcome for your case – A DUI lawyer can advise you on the best possible outcome for your unique case, and help you maintain your rights and privileges.
- Challenge the legality of DUI charge – In some cases, there may be inaccuracies and issues with your arrest that could result in the dismissal of the charge. For example, if your right to contact a lawyer is violated, the charge can be dismissed. An experienced DUI lawyer can also challenge the testimony of eyewitnesses and police officers, look for evidence of an unlawful stop, and use other legal defense strategies that can help with your case.
Contact Our DUI Lawyers Today!
If you need an experienced DUI lawyer, We are here to help. Protect your rights, and make sure you get the best possible defense when charged with a DUI. You can submit your info above or give us a call at 240-301-1672 to get the help you need.
Charles County DUI Attorney
1036 St Nicholas Dr
Waldorf, MD 20603